Girl Scout Operation Christmas Child Badge Requirements
Operation Christmas Child has a patch that any/all Girl/Boy Scouts can earn. Your initial patch comes with the current year already attached, in one piece. Then in subsequent years you can earn a year segment to add to your patch. The initial year patches currently cost $1.00 per patch and the subsequent year patch costs $.75 per year segment. For patch ordering instructions email Luanne at email@example.com or contact her at 952/942-8624.
Official Website to locate information:
To earn this patch you need to do two (2) things:
1. Fill a shoe box with gifts for a child and drop off your box to your nearest drop off location. You can check on the website listed above and type in your zip code.
2. Complete one of the following activities:
• Host a packing party. This can be done with your neighbors, your troop, your service unit, just pick a group of people and have everyone bring items for the boxes and later drop off the boxes at a drop off site. (see #1 for where to drop off) Remember to total the number of boxes you fill.
• Work with a Senior Center in your area to help the residents pack their boxes. Then offer to take the boxes to a drop off site for them.
• Check with your neighboring churches to see if they already pack boxes. Help at their packing party.
• Work at a relay center. Go to website listed above to see where the relay center is for your area. For additional information you can also contact Annette Sova-Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell – 612-868-8302.
• Learn about the countries that the boxes are delivered to. Again, the official website will detail these country names.
• Make some of the items for your boxes. There are patterns on the GS/OCC site. You can make hats, washing mitts and mittens.
• Pick up shoe boxes and color them for others to fill.
• Be creative – come up with your own service project involving OCC.
After completing the items please send your completed badge request form to:
Volunteer Community Relations Team Member – Twin Cities/ Fellow Girl Scout Leader
Email: email@example.com (Email this address for patch ordering instructions)
Additional Questions can be sent to:
Volunteer Community Relations Coordinator Twin Cities
Collection Week is Nov 14 – 21, 2016